|When students were not leaving campus, they were learning in the building in other tangible ways.
- Lessons on the Mississippi River and Louisiana history through map-making and analyzing historical maps
- Creative exploration through various art projects, including papier-mâché boats, community maps, body maps, and personal identity flags
- Restorative Justice Workshops
- Interest Inventory to start the process of recognizing how personal interests can be translated into a career
- Composting, recycling, and responsible trash practices with members from 24 Carrot Garden
- Proposing student-initiated clubs and conducting presentations on the learning that will happen in these groups
Next week, students will begin their leveled math sessions and reading groups.