For inquiries about attending New Harmony for the current or future school year, please contact recruitment@newharmonyhigh.org.

Enrolling after you’ve been placed with us

We typically receive NCAP (formerly OneApp) results in April. When you receive a seat assignment at New Harmony, we will email you the enrollment forms to finalize placement. If you did not receive an email, please contact the school as soon as possible at 504-612-7869. You must claim your seat within 10 school days of receiving your placement. Coming by the school for in-person enrollment works also.

Join us for a shadow day

Choosing a high school is a very important decision. The purpose of a Shadow Day is to introduce students to New Harmony’s inclusive culture, to see our day-to-day activities, and to meet the staff and other students. A Shadow Day should help a student and their families determine if New Harmony is a great fit!

Email enrollment@newharmonyhigh.org if you have any questions.


Because our school design seeks to put students as drivers of passion and interest-based learning, we are looking to enroll students who seek education methods that extend beyond a traditional classroom setting. We seek to enroll students who enjoy hands-on learning, who want to work on issues that affect Southern Louisiana, and who have a love for the culture and ecology that comprises our region.

New Harmony is a free public open-enrollment and open-access Type 2 charter school. As a Type 2 charter school, any Louisiana resident is eligible to enroll at New Harmony. EnrollNOLA facilitates all applications for all students pending seat availability. There is no lottery system run by the school. Please visit enrollnola.org to submit an application or visit a Family Resource Center. Note NCAP deadlines and proceed accordingly.

Once placed at New Harmony, our enrollment process will take place through an online system. You will need the following documents:

  • Birth Certificate
  • Immunization Records
  • Test Scores / Final Report Card
  • Parent / Guardian Identification (driver’s license or passport)
  • Proof of Louisiana Residency (utility bill, rental lease agreement/mortgage, property tax notice, etc.)
  • IEP or 504 documentation if applicable

Watch the video below to learn more about the enrollment process.