Letter to the Public
Dear New Harmony Families and Students:
New Harmony will be closed through April 13 in order to do our part in stopping the spread of the novel coronavirus. Minimizing person-to-person contact (known as social distancing), along with proper hand hygiene, are the best ways to prevent infection. During the time that the campus is closed, we will be performing a deep clean to ensure the proper disinfection of all surfaces before our return.
New Harmony’s action steps:
- remaining in close communication with our students and families, especially those with identified underlying health conditions
- transitioning to an online learning model (see links below)
- making arrangements for the delivery of school breakfasts and lunches for those individuals who depend on the school food program for meals
- adding a COVID-19 response plan page to our website with links to factual information about this outbreak
We are in contact with the Louisiana Department of Health and will monitor the situation closely as it develops. We would like to encourage everyone with questions about this disease to visit the CDC Coronavirus page, the Louisiana Department of Health Coronavirus page, or call the Louisiana Department of Health Hotline at 211 (multi-lingual services available).
You can help stop the spread in your community by washing your hands with soap or using hand sanitizer regularly, maintain social distancing, avoid public gatherings, and stay home if you are sick. If you are concerned about a potential exposure or current illness, please reach out to your physician by phone for further recommendations.
Take care of yourself and those around you,
New Harmony Leadership Team
Online Learning for Students
03/16-03/20: Find our PLAYLIST WEEK 1 here with directions for continuous learning while we’re not on campus.
03/23/-03/27: Find our PLAYLIST WEEK 2 here with directions for continuous learning while we’re not on campus.
For those who need internet access in their homes during self-isolation, Comcast is offering free internet essentials to those who qualify. This includes being a new subscriber and eligible for public assistance. After 2 months the individual will need to cancel their subscription or continue to pay for the service at $9.95/month plus tax.
From the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- About: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/index.html
- Latest News: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/summary.html
- Specific Audiences: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/symptoms.html#more-information
- Steps to Prevent Spread: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/prevention.html
From the Louisiana Department of Health
FOOD! City-Wide Grab and Go Locations
There are grab and go locations in neighborhoods across the city. New Harmony is NOT currently a grab and go location, but there are several locations nearby. You may visit any of the locations listed! Click here for the most up to date information.
A Message from our Social Worker
Christine LeGuizamo, LCSW
Public Notice for Board Meetings
Please see the public notice for the Board Meeting on March 20th.